Dear Friends and Supporters — Happy New Year!
The Benedictine Health Foundation has been the recipient of countless hours of volunteer service and significant financial contributions for over 36 years. We are honored by each gift of time and monetary donations received that have improved the quality of health and spiritual care in Ulster County.
We are grateful that so many people in our community are involved in our fundraising efforts, can embrace change, and continue to endorse our Foundation’s mission and vision as we carry on our work with the Benedictine Sisters, HealthAlliance, and community-based healthcare providers.
Thank you for your overwhelming response to our 2013 Year-End Appeal, and for giving us the privilege to expend those funds to support our core areas of focus: cancer patient and family services, spiritual care, and mental health and substance abuse services. In addition to our pillars of giving, we will continue to offer financial support for capital requests as prioritized by HealthAlliance administration and that are in line with our Mission.
The following services, programs and technologies are just a few of the projects we have identified to fund in our community and at HealthAlliance in 2014:
– $100,000 in Financial Assistance to individuals receiving cancer treatment — distributed
through the Benedictine Health Foundation’s Rosemary D. Gruner Memorial Cancer Fund
– “Caring for the Caregiver” – May 2, 2014 — An all-day retreat for Caregivers presented in
partnership with Caring Connections of Ulster County
– The Patriots Project: Transitional Housing for Veterans – Ulster County Veterans’ Service Agency
– Expansion of Chaplain/Spiritual Care Services to serve the needs of patients at the
Mary’s Avenue and Broadway Campus
– ICU GlideScope Intubation Equipment
– Construction of a Comfort Room for the Inpatient Mental Health Services Unit
– Nursing Education Scholarships – Dr. Neil S. Lieblich and Adrian McGlothin
Memorial Scholarship Funds
– Lung Cancer Screening Program funded by the Benedictine Auxiliary
– Mental Health Services EXPO May 2014
Thank you for your continued generosity! We look forward to our upcoming fundraising events, and invite you to join us to share a fun afternoon or evening with friends and neighbors that you care about – while supporting a cause that you care about.
For information on volunteer opportunities, upcoming events, ways to give,
and Foundation initiatives, please call Barbara Klassen at (845) 334-3186 or email,
BKlassen@BenedictineHealthFoundation.org. Please sign up for our e-news: www.benedictinehealthfoundation.org/enews/